Re: an update to automake-1.11?

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Ralf Corsepius wrote:
a) it will cause some moderate stir-up to those packages whose upstreams
are still abusing the autotools.

Why can't we just move to a better build system with higher focus on
backwards compatibility?

Because
a) the autotools are not as bad as you in your want to make them appear.
b) it's not "we" (Fedora) who chooses the tools, it's the upstreams's choice.

> (And FYI, I'm "against autotools" more than
I'm "for CMake". It's just that in the past I could just say "don't use
autotools", now I have an actual alternative to suggest.)

Sigh, ... Kevin, please refrain from spreading foul and silly propaganda on topic you apparently have insufficient knowledge about.