Re: rawhide report: 20090702 changes

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Kevin Kofler<kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Yes and this is not even the first time. Dive Into Python has been in
>> the repo for ages already.
>
> That doesn't mean it's compliant with our guidelines on shipping content. I
> really don't see what benefit it gives us to have a package dumping some
> book into /usr/share. Can't it be given as a regular download on a website?
> Possibly even the Fedora wiki. But packages sound to me like a completely
> overkill format to distribute PDF books.

+1

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Code_Vs_Content

"If the content enhances the OS user experience, then the content is
OK to be packaged in Fedora. This means, for example, that things
like: fonts, themes, clipart, and wallpaper are OK. "

So does a programming book enhance the OS user experience?