Re: readline update?

Jussi Lehtola wrote:
Quoting "Ralf Corsepius" <rc040203 freenet de>:

drago01 wrote:
On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Ralf Corsepius<rc040203 freenet de> wrote:
Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
A possible replacement is the editline library which provides a
compatible interface and is licensed under BSD, unfortunately it
doesn't handle UTF-8.
I thought, we banned all non-utf-8 aware packages?

err .. what?
Yes, utf-8 awareness had been a review criterion since the earliest Fedora days.

No. What you are thinking of is spec files and rpm filenames (and documentation that is in non-ASCII character set).

No, I am talking about applications and libraries, not about documentation.

no we still have a lot of them...
Packages to get rid off ... did somebody say Fedora is "leading edge"?

Just because a program doesn't support UTF8 doesn't make it broken.
Wrong, it is broken.

I can state a lot of programs that aren't UTF8 compatible but still
offer a lot of functionality and are important for daily work.
Most programs automatically are utf8 compatible on Linux and don't need further treatment.

Ralf