readline update?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 3 22:45:07 UTC 2009

On 07/04/2009 03:56 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Jussi Lehtola wrote:
>> Quoting "Ralf Corsepius" <rc040203 at freenet.de>:

>>> Yes, utf-8 awareness had been a review criterion since the earliest
>>> Fedora days.
>>
>> No. What you are thinking of is spec files and rpm filenames (and
>> documentation that is in non-ASCII character set).
>
> No, I am talking about applications and libraries, not about documentation.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ReviewGuidelines

You claim that UTF-8 awareness is a review criteria. However I find no
record of that. The only thing in the guidelines is

"MUST: All filenames in rpm packages must be valid UTF-8"

This is what is noted in the packaging guidelines as well. Can you
provide a reference to what you claim?

Rahul