Re: Dracut now has a wiki page in the Fedora wiki...

On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 15:00 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 10:43:34 +0100,
>   Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com> wrote:
> >
> > but it's actually a lot less trouble to just do:
> >
> > "tar xf dracut-$version.tar.bz2"
> >
> > which auto-detects the archive type. It's much easier to just let it be
> > handled by autodetection, and only bother specifying the archive type
> > manually if the autodetection trips up.
>
> How long has that feature been there?

I'm as amused as you are that I didn't know about that either (my guess
is it's been there a while and we're just all stuck in our ways). At
least we're not stuck in the 1970s and willing to move with the times -
a lot of people still like to use pipes of the individual utilities ;)

Jon.