Re: readline update?

On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 09:29:46PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> I thought, we banned all non-utf-8 aware packages?

Certainly not. Many very useful package are not utf8 aware, at least
many that use motif or the athena widget set. And yes, there are very
useful applications in that case.

More broadly, in some fields of use, namely in research and maths,
english is the main language, so that internationalization isn't that
problematic, the cost of utf8-izing those apps isn't worth the benefit.

--
Pat