Re: readline update?

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Certainly not. Many very useful package are not utf8 aware

Those packages need to be fixed. It is not acceptable that we ship
applications which don't work properly in our default locales. You can't
even open your files with those broken applications if they're in a
directory containing special characters.

> at least many that use motif or the athena widget set.

Those applications are obsolete by definition.

        Kevin Kofler