Feature proposal: Extended Life Cycle Support

Julian Aloofi julian.fedoralists at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 4 23:13:14 UTC 2009

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Extended_Life_Cycle reads:
> Say a desktop environment runs Fedora 9 today, then within a month
> after Fedora 11 is released, the user can choose to either upgrade to
> Fedora 10 (N+1), or Fedora 11 (N+2). This is not considered a suitable
> amount of time for corporate desktop environments, where projects need
> to be defined, testing needs to be performed, resources have to be
> alocated, etc, before any of the actual work can be done.

To be honest, I think environments that work like that won't use Fedora
anyway if it wasn't supported for at least three, let's say two and a
half, years.
People hate work, and it would be a lot of work to maintain 5 or even
six parallel versions of Fedora. Maybe something like a Fedora LTS
version is more likely to be a success.
But hey, I like the idea behind it, let's see how it develops.