Re: Better ways to format USB disks (file fomats etc)

> Maybe I should clarify my use case experience. After I used GParted to
> format the HDD to ext3 (and ext4 later) I tried to create a folder on
> the HDD. I could not do this as a normal user, only as root.

You can create files/folders with users if they « own » the HDD. But
then, another user won't be able to do so.

I tried to do what you want some time ago, but all I could find was to
create several user owned directories on the HDD, then each user could
write in his folder.

If there's a way to have the « FAT behavior », I'd like to know it as
much as you :)

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)