Re: Better ways to format USB disks (file fomats etc)

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Create a top-level folder on the USB drive that's owned by
your userid,
> then you can create any subfolders that your heart desires.

This works for me. I formatted the hard disk as ext4 and made a
few directories, then changed ownership to me, and now I can
modify the contents at will without becoming root.

I used to change some of the Policy settings, but I no longer
bother with that.