Feature proposal: Extended Life Cycle Support

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:59:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 05:36:25PM +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>>>If it doesn't take too much infrastructure work, I see no reason why we
>>>shouldn't let them _try_. It doesn't hurt Fedora at all, does it?
>>
>> There is minimal pain, yes.  Mostly to infrastructure and rel-eng.  What
>> don't immediately see is the benefit to Fedora overall.
>>

>Is it you question the benefit given in the paragraph on the Feature page,
>or ...?

Yes, I question the benefit listed in the Feature page.  I have personally
seen evidence to the contrary that the current release cycles are too short
to enable corporate usage.  However, I have no doubt that you could also come
up with data supporting your claim.

I am simply not convinced (yet) that the stated benefit is enough to warrant
the cost.  This does not mean you are wrong, and I do not want to get into a
bikeshed argument about it.

josh