Re: Feature proposal: Extended Life Cycle Support

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:59:48 -0400, Josh Boyer <jwboyer gmail com> wrote:
>>> There is minimal pain, yes.  Mostly to infrastructure and rel-eng.
>>> don't immediately see is the benefit to Fedora overall.
>>Is it you question the benefit given in the paragraph on the Feature
>>or ...?
> Yes, I question the benefit listed in the Feature page.  I have
> seen evidence to the contrary that the current release cycles are too
> to enable corporate usage.  However, I have no doubt that you could also
> come
> up with data supporting your claim.
> I am simply not convinced (yet) that the stated benefit is enough to
> warrant
> the cost.  This does not mean you are wrong, and I do not want to get
> bikeshed argument about it.

Neither do I, but I'll take your doubts and see what I can do about them
(through the Feature page), if anything.

If only we could put out finger on the actual cost, or even just put our
finger on the actual benefit, things would be a little clearer, but
regrettably, the figures are unavailable until after we try :/

I guess that *who* does (is going to do, would be doing) the actual work is
of significant importance as well.

-- Jeroen