RFC: cronKit

Hi,

since I sync my mail with the experimental gnome ui of offlineimap, I
encounter a small problem:
How do I tell cron to only invoke the job when I am logged in under
gnome only? Since consolekit (correct me if I am wrong on that) does not
provide a way to get that information (it is even unclear if dbus is
running at all), I was thinking of the following solution:

Since I want the job only to be run if I am logged in under gnome the
main idea is to have a process added to the session that can handle
crontab like jobs (aka cronKit)

Do you have any advice on that? Does such a software already exist?

regards

Christoph