Re: Feature proposal: Extended Life Cycle Support

On 07/06/2009 03:07 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Bugzilla spam.  If we keep the release open for random bug filing, we
> have no good way of telling bugzilla that only specific users should get
> bugs for specific releases of Fedora.  Ownership is at a product level,
> not at the product version level.  So maintainers will get all the spam,
> and have to forward it along to whomever is handling security updates.
This one could be solved by having a separate component in bugzilla like
"Fedora Legacy", however that does move into a space that is visible to
end users.  Bug triage could probably move bugs from normal Fedora to
"Fedora Legacy" if people were reporting against the correct version but
incorrect product.