Re: an update to automake-1.11?

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Colin Walters wrote:

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Seth Vidal<skvidal fedoraproject org> wrote:

I disagree. I think the discrete tarball snapshot of a release will continue
for quite some time and I've not seen anyone moving away from that in their
public software releases.

It's not so black and white; for example, it often makes sense to pull
git snapshots of a project during rawhide.  If our tooling made it
easy to run a command and pull from git I'd definitely use it.  Not
for all projects, and not all the time, but it'd be useful.

umm - I don't think I said tarballs were the only way to do things. I just said that I didn't think they were as disused for releases as jesse suggested.

-sv