Re: Feature proposal: Extended Life Cycle Support

On Tue July 7 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

> See above, should be how we do things now, group related updates into a
> single bodhi submission, and attach the bugs/CVEs to that single
> submission.

This may be disliked by upstream and others, because it creates bogus security
update notification mails, that say that there are security updates for
packages that are no security updates, e.g.:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-
September/msg00723.html

Probably these mails are also parsed by third parties, e.g. LWN, because they
also repeat that there were security issues in packages that did not have any
security issues.

Regards
Till