Re: an update to automake-1.11?

Kevin Kofler writes:

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
I don't get that impression. When I end up upgrading, as a result of the
entire distro upgrade, or otherwise, to a new autotools, I make sure that
I go through my existing configure scripts with a fine-toothed comb. Every
time this happens I always end up tweaking something, making sure to
replace obsoleted macros with their replacements, etc… But I can only
speak for myself.

Indeed. I can also only speak for myself, but I just run "autoreconf -i -f" and ignore all the warnings on the autotools-using projects I inherited.

That's definitely a useful tip -- always ignore warnings. They are always completely meaningless.

You don't need to worry about them.