Re: an update to automake-1.11?

Kevin Kofler writes:

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Indeed. Here's an idea -- why don't you mass mail the maintainers of all
the autotools-using projects you can find on Sourceforge, and be sure to
tell them how much autotools suck, and how better CMake is. I'm sure they
will appreciate your helpful suggestions.

Hahaha… Do you have any SERIOUS suggestion on how to bring the deficiencies of the autotools to the attention of upstream maintainers? Of course spamming them won't cut it.

What's wrong with what I suggested? If you truly believe that cmake is so much better, I'm sure that everyone would be glad to hear it. Go ahead, state your case. I'm the upstream for two packages in Fedora. Make your case. You can start with me.