poll(), gdb, threads, alsa-lib, deadlock

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 09:28:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 13:49:04 +0200, Dominik wrote:

> AFAIR I got the problem right from the beginning of using F10, but I installed
> it about a month or two after it came out and updated immediately after
> installation.

Here's somebody who gets "audacious, totem, mplayer etc." to lock up
with PulseAudio and snd-intel8x0:

  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/496608

The backtrace shows multiple threads in poll().
Different hardware driver than me (ens1371). Bugzilla is full of
sound problems.

[...]

[Unrelated to the problem, but strange nevertheless: PulseAudio's
pa_rtpoll_run calculates a timeout of 0xb3eb31d0 ms. That's very large
(over 800 hours), negative in 32-bit, and hence infinite for ppoll().]