Champlain

Brian Pepple bpepple at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 11 12:37:49 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 16:36 +0530, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> I am going to update libchamplain from 0.2.9 to 0.3.3 in Fedora 11.
> This involves a change in the soname, but since no other package
> depends on it I hope it would not be a problem. On the plus side, the
> GtkChamplainEmbed widget which was earlier separately released has
> been merged into the libchamplain tarball and we can put in a
> subpackage. Not to mention that potential Champlain users and
> developers will find this helpful.
>
> What do you think?

I've been working on updating libchamplain to 0.3.3 in Rawhide, but
until it gets ported to the clutter-0.9 api (or we do a clutter-0.8
compat) it's a no go for now.  Regarding pushing this to F11, I really
don't think we should, since the only real consumer of libchamplain is
Empathy and we won't be pushing a version of it with libchamplain
support to F11.

Later,
/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bpepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E