Re: Fail2ban + Shorewall Question

On Jul 11, 2009, at 1:50 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

On 07/11/2009 10:01 PM, BJ Dierkes wrote:

No kidding.  I've submitted two patches... one just removing the dep,
and two adding a subpackage as an alternative route.  Hopefully this
will help move it along.

Axel Thimm has only been sporadically active for a long time now. There
are a number of bugs against his packages that he has not responded to
but I didn't realize the situation was so bad. I think it is high time,
we orphan the packages and let more interested maintainers take over.

I'd be interested in taking over fail2ban though I'm just now learning the procedures involved in doing so... and researched everything online for Fedora/EPEL Package Maintainers. Any pointers welcome.

---
derks