Re: $HOME/bin

Hi,

>> I was wondering why there's no $HOME/bin directory and $HOME/bin not
>> mentioned in the $PATH variable. Any particular reason not to have that
>> by default?
>>
>>    Stefan
> Hi,
>
> because most people don't need it?

True.

Look at your /etc/profile (or ~/.bash_profile, I don't remember).

There should be something like:
[ -d ~/bin ] && PATH=~/bin:$PATH

Which means that the folder will be added to your PATH if it exists.

I'm on Windows XP right now, so I can't verify it, but iirc there's
something like that.

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)