Re: NVR bugs in rawhide

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Daniel Mach wrote:

Right, %dist is not mandatory in Fedora.
But Fedora is upstream for RHEL and we'll probably consider this as a bug in RHEL once we import some Fedora packages.
I think it's better to fix it upstream rather than do our local fixes.

It being required for rhel does not make it a fedora bug. If you want to fix it for YOUR packages, that's fine, but it's not everyone's problem.

Why we do it? For example, you can't push a rpm signed with two different keys to Spacewalk channels (which happens when you use per-release signing keys).
Therefore we have to make difference between NVRs and add %dist.

But fedora doesn't use spacewalk and we don't have the above problem.

-sv