Re: Feature proposal: Rebootless Installer

Colin Walters wrote:
Another thing to keep in mind that immediately post-installation there
are going to be updates, which will at a minimum need desktop reset
(fast reboot experience), or more likely system restart.

I don't exactly get this. I might understand some negligible things. But historically I've often done

-normal install, reboot

-booted, logged in using everying, then a massive yum update, then I'd wait till it was absolutely convenient to logout of the desktop or reboot

In fact, when I felt I needed to do it before my convenience, I generally regarded it as a pretty horrible bug.

peace...

-dmc