Re: Feature proposal: Rebootless Installer

On 07/14/2009 08:23 PM, Christoph Höger wrote:
>> We are talking about a live cd installation, yes? You can close the
>> installer then.
>
> We were talking about anaconda. And I still don't know a sane (aka "no
> manual chroot") way to go from livecd into the fresh installed
> environment.
> You surely agree that users that know about chroot are probably not the
> ones adressed with the "hey, cool, in this linux thingy i do not need to
> reboot after install" feature, don't you?

I never suggested otherwise but my point is simply that describing the
current experience as being forced to reboot doesn't sound appropriate.
You are free to continue working on the live environment post
installation unlike in regular installations. That is a significant
difference, IMO.

Rahul