Re: Feature proposal: Rebootless Installer

Am Dienstag, den 14.07.2009, 20:12 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On 07/14/2009 08:08 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> >> Nobody is forced. You must be misremembering things.
> >
> > Obviously you are the one misremembering things:
> > http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/temp/anaconda-last-screen.png
>
> We are talking about a live cd installation, yes?

Are we? If I understand the proposal correctly it also includes
rebootless switching from the installation DVD into your newly installed
system.

> You can close the installer then.

But why would I want that? If somebody installs Fedora, I'm sure he
wants to actually use it and not the slow livecd. So the rebootless
feature only makes sense if one can switch rebootless to the installed
system - from the livecd as well as from the installation DVD.

Regards,
Christoph