Re: Feature proposal: Rebootless Installer

On 07/14/2009 08:53 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Are we? If I understand the proposal correctly it also includes
> rebootless switching from the installation DVD into your newly installed
> system.

You might want to read the proposal again. It specifically talks about
only Live installation.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RebootlessInstaller

There is nothing in it about a regular installation.

>> You can close the installer then.
>
> But why would I want that? If somebody installs Fedora, I'm sure he
> wants to actually use it and not the slow livecd.

I have continued using the Live CD after a installation because it is
sometimes convenient to do so.  It is not slow since I usually use a
Live USB. The flexibility is quite useful. It would be wonderful to get
the rebootless feature added as well.

Rahul