Re: epel-release in Fedora repos? (was: Re: NVR bugs in rawhide)

On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 17:41 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Because it comes with a valid "devel" tree in cvs and apparently was
> (re)built by releng automatically.
>
> "devel" is for Fedora. That tree ought to have been deleted after
> importing the pkg for EPEL.

releng doesn't key off of a devel/ branch alone.  The package was
somehow added to a Fedora collection in Koji, and thus it showed up as a
valid package when I queried Koji for all the packages buildable in
dist-f11.  The fact that it was added to a Fedora collection in
Koji /plus/ it had a real devel/ branch in CVS led to it being built.
At 7000+ srpms there is no way I could evaluate each and every one for
validity before submitting it for a rebuild.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!