NVR bugs in rawhide

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 12:55:20 UTC 2009

On 07/14/2009 10:33 AM, Dennis Gregorovic wrote:
> In F11 Everything, there are 211 i386 packages without the dist tag and
> just 81 noarch packages without the dist tag.  So, it's definitely not
> just the noarch packages that aren't using the dist tag.

I didn't mean to imply that was the case. I was specifically focusing on
the most common case where people don't want to use the dist tag, and
the one referenced in the bugzilla ticket a few posts up in the thread.

> Personally, I think that the dist tag usage should be strongly
> encouraged for all packages.  It makes rebuilds and upgrade easier and
> the only potential downside is a small cosmetic one.

I agree, and would hope that the widespread adoption of it means that
others agree as well. :)

~spot