Re: creating minimal boot image for network installations

On Thursday, July 16 2009, Christof Damian said:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 16:05, Jeremy Katz<katzj redhat com> wrote:
> > With Fedora 12, you'll be able to just dd the boot.iso onto a USB stick
> > since we're making isohybrid'd images.
>
> Does this mean we will might be able to dd the install dvd iso to a
> usb stick too and I can finally get rid of some drives?

There's more work that's going to be needed to make it generally work
across the realm of install methods and due to the short runway of
Fedora 12, it's unlikely to happen there.  It's something that at least
I'd like to continue working towards, though over the next release or
two.

Jeremy