ASPM enabled by default - mild potential for breakage

I've just flicked ASPM (Active State Power Management - runtime power
saving on PCIe hardware) on by default, and it'll be that way in the
next rawhide kernel build. There's the potential for some buggy hardware
to be upset by this. If your system no longer boots or some hardware
doesn't work, try booting with the

pcie_aspm=off

argument. If that fixes things please file a bug against the kernel and
assign it to me (mjg redhat com). Include dmesg and the output of lspci
-n. There's some reasonable heuristics in the kernel to detect supported
hardware, so I'm hoping that people shouldn't see any adverse affects.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org