Re: Does anything require /proc/bus/usb?

Michael Cronenworth <mike cchtml com> writes:

> If not, should it be phased out?

Is there some upstream (linux kernel) discussion to remove usbfs?  If
not, it should stay as-is.

I use it regularly because it

a) is accessibly by ordinary users
b) provides more terse information than 'lsusb -v'
c) gives information about used drivers

> I'm referencing a use case with VirtualBox that looks for /proc/bus/usb
> by default and will use that instead of libusb for USB device access.

Why not patch VirtualBox to do it correctly?

Enrico