Does anything require /proc/bus/usb?

Matthew Garrett mjg at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 20:50:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 03:46:28PM -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> For the last time: This has nothing to do with VirtualBox. There is no
> "bug" in VirtualBox. There is no patch required for VirtualBox.

The bug in virtualbox is that it prefers the deprecated interface over
the current one. There's no pressing reason for us to disable usbfs yet,
and while we'll probably do so eventually I doubt it'll be happening in
F12. We generally prefer not to remove interfaces that may be in use
unless we gain anything by doing so.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org