Re: Are all your Fedora 12 Features Where They Should be?

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 07:21:17AM +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Nine days remain before Fedora 12 Feature freeze.  No more features can
> > be added after 2009-07-28.
>
> I'm missing 2 features (still).
>
> No sound and no mounting of USB drives. I can get sound by a combination
> of su / chown -R paul:audio /dev/snd / exit / pulseaudio -k. USB I have
> to create a directory in /home/paul, su, mount /dev/sd*1 newdir and then
> can only do things as su to that directory, but as paul for taking from
> it.

  Could you try running "gparted" as root after plugging USB drive?
For me it triggers some kind of scan, after which proper HAL-based mount
proccess works.

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: zdzichubg chrome pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia