Re: Rawhide fonts problem report for 2009-07-20

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On 07/20/2009 10:32 AM, Qianqian Fang wrote:

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On 07/20/2009 10:03 AM, Qianqian Fang wrote:
Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
☛ Mid-term, files in legacy PCF or Type1 formats need to be converted
or removed.

just curious, for PCF, what format you plan to convert to ?

I had tried SFNT TTF/OTF, neither of them works with the current
fontconfig
(cache file could not be generated).

File a bug?!?!?

behdad

yes, I brought it up on fontconfig's mailing list in 2006,

That's not filing a bug.

mpsuzuki posted a patch, but it has never been committed.

That's exactly why one should file a bug.

alright, will do that later today.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fontconfig/2006-August/002364.html

also, it seemed there were some intrinsic difficulties for fontconfig to
handle multi-strike sfnt ttf.

Qianqian

behdad