Open Source Activity Map (for Red Hat marketing)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 20 18:21:47 UTC 2009

On 07/20/2009 11:38 PM, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> http://www.redhat.com/about/where-is-open-source/activity/
>
> The map that Red Hat produced is really nice, but it is a shame that
> www.openstreetmap.org maps aren't used and promoted.
> It is strange to see Red Hat promote Google maps when more open data
> is available but closed data is used.
>
> There is openlayers package in Fedora repositories, and it would be
> nice to see it used on Red Hat servers and on Open Source Activity
> page.

This is neither related to Fedora development or marketing. If you have
feedback about Red Hat specific things unrelated to Fedora, please
contact Red Hat directly.

On the other hand, this is probably work commissioned off to a third
party and they would have picked Google Maps. Nevertheless, I agree it
would have been better to use openlayers. That is off-topic for these
forums though.

Rahul