Re: xulrunner-1.9.1.1-1.fc11.x86_64 update pulls in i586 packages

Seth Vidal wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Braden McDaniel wrote:
But why does yum assume that a dependency of an x86_64 package can be
satisfied by an i586 one?

Why not?

If something requires FOO and something else provides FOO - what difference does it make if it is from another arch as long as the arch is compatible with the system?

That only works if FOO is an executable and not a library, no?

--
Matthew
"What is a release plan, anyway?" -- Oswald Buddenhagen