weird debuginfo problem

I seem to have finally discovered the cause of a problem I've had with
debuginfo packages. Apparently the component that extracts debuginfo doesn't
like symlinks.

/home on this system is a symlink to /disk/data/home, and %_topdir was
"/home/beorn/rpm". This caused debuginfo packages without sources, where the
.debug files referenced the sources in the build directory. After I changed
%_topdir to "/disk/data/home/beorn/rpm" the debuginfo packages seem correct.

Is this expected behaviour or should I file a bug report against RPM?

Björn Persson