Re: fedora 11 worst then ever release

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Chuck Anderson <cra wpi edu> wrote:
> Fortunately the usual updating fedora-release, yum upgrade approach
> worked on my boxes. I'd avoid preupgrade anyway it seems to like breaking
> systems and leaving them half upgraded so you have to rescue the mess by
> hand.

I don't even upgrade anymore.  I just keep two partitions (Logical
Volumes actually)--one for Fedora N and one for Fedora N+1.  I always
do a fresh install, formatting the partition from the older install.
This has the advantage of providing a backup in case the new Fedora
doesn't work so well.  Eventually, when updates to the new Fedora fix
the most annoying bugs, I switch to using it full time.

and it's a shame! it's not windows when we need to reinstall and reboot with every install.
or if it's know to be broken then remove the option to upgrade.

 Levente                               "Si vis pacem para bellum!"