Re: fedora 11 worst then ever release

On 07/26/2009 10:40 AM, drago01 wrote:
On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Ralf Corsepius<rc040203 freenet de>  wrote:

It may be news to you, but a single negative result invalidates a whole
series of "positive tests" ;)

No, that means that they are bugs / problems but not that the feature
is broken in general.

Well, it means that "the feature" lacks generality and raises questions about a feature's "readyness for prime time" - Judging whether this feature is sufficiently ready for "prime-time" is up to the eye of beholder.

Adam thinks it's good, I observed breakdowns on several different systems (5 so far). My conclusion: The FC10 preupdate/FC11 anaconda combo are far from being ready, even less so the version in the iso.

The worst about it: Unless rel-eng finally releases updated Fedroa 11 isos, the shameful situation about F11 installs will not see much improvements, because anaconda being "FIXED UPSTREAM/RAWHIDE" doesn't help FC11 users.

Ralf