fedora 11 worst then ever release

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Sun Jul 26 12:52:41 UTC 2009

On 07/26/2009 02:38 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jul 2009, Björn Persson wrote:
>
>> Fortunately I had read in this list that upgrading breaks Yum so I did
>> a fresh
>> install instead, and only had to spend a few days getting all the
>> configuration
>> back into shape. Sound started working after I deleted ~/.pulse.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F11_bugs#Yum_doesn.27t_work_after_upgrading_from_F10
>

> It's a pretty easy work around and it lasts all of however long it will
> take to get the update downloaded.

ohhh, come on!!! it's not an answer! it's just a proof that it's the
worst release ever. who dare to put a newer yum into f10-updates than in
f11 iso? who think about that his system will not working after doing
everything as it has to be. can you tell me any other distro (including
windows!) where the system installer not working after upgrade? if it's
so broken or it's require so broken thing like python then it should
have to be replaced with something better tool. ok i know fedora is not
intended for any serious task but can you images such a situation on a
remote installed system. it's something like a toy now and not a real
operation system.