Re: fedora 11 worst then ever release

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 04:30:55PM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Farkas Levente wrote:

fc1->fc2
fc6->fc7
rhel4->rhel5

It's not new.

just to be correct neither fc6->fc7 nor rhel4->rhel5 break any system
tools! and i don't remember to fc1->fc2.

fc6->fc7 had a couple of fun metadata breaks
rhel4->rhel5 upgrades are neither supported (iirc) nor likely to work
consistently in my experience b/c of how much things changed between them.

A live in place RHEL upgrade via something like 'yum' may not be supported,
but I believe that an Anaconda based upgrade is fully supported. Though
'supported' might include you having to redo customizations to config
files & the like.

agreed and most importantly - all discussions of what is or is not possible for rhel is offsubject. My bad for even mentioning it.

-sv