rawhide report: 20090727 changes

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jul 28 12:48:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 23:56:41 +0100,
  Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > kernel-2.6.31-0.94.rc4.fc12
> > ---------------------------
> > * Fri Jul 24 2009 Chuck Ebbert <cebbert at redhat.com>
> > - Enable CONFIG_DEBUG_KOBJECT in debug kernels. (#513606)
> >
> > * Fri Jul 24 2009 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at redhat.com>
> > - Add drm-page-flip.patch to support vsynced page flipping on intel
> >   chipsets.
> > - Really add patch.
> > - Fix patch to not break nouveau.
>
> Sorry, nouveau is still broken due the kernel. Works fine under
> 2.6.31-0.81.rc3.git4.fc12.i686.PAE, but nothing since. I've a GF7600 on
> this box.

Is there a bugzilla for this already? I suspect I am seeing the same problem,
but I wasn't sure if the nVidia drivers (from rpm fusion) had left something
behind, so I hadn't reported it yet. Currently the nv driver doesn't work
for me either. I think the cards I inherited are a bit older than yours,
but the problem might be related.