[ANNOUNCE] New Mixer Handling in PA 0.9.16/F12

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue Jul 28 20:07:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, 28.07.09 15:48, Bill Nottingham (notting at redhat.com) wrote:

> Lennart Poettering (mzerqung at 0pointer.de) said:
> > Please note that it is our intention not to wrap obsolete mixer
> > controls such as "CD", "PC Speaker", "MIDI" and so on. If you file a
> > bug asking for those to be wrapped we will disappoint you and
> > close the bug WONTFIX.
>
> When you mean 'not wrap them', do you mean they're no longer
> selectable as a record source, if the hardware exports them?

Yes. You cannot select them as record source, you cannot mute or
unmute them, you cannot change their volume. "CD", "PC Speaker",
"MIDI" and so on are just obsolete.

If you want to control them you can always install alsamixer or
gst-mixer or whatever. But really, this controls are obsolete.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net