fedora 11 worst then ever release

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jul 29 02:48:09 UTC 2009

On 07/29/2009 12:37 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 13:43 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> With all due respect to fedoraunity and you. To me it is a serious
>> Fedora management and rel-eng mistake causing major harm to fedora's and
>> RH's reputation to not provide updated media, thus to expose users to
>> known bugs.
>
> I can't think of any major distro that actually does this.
And? Isn't Fedora about innovation?

> It's a very
> big effort that would take much manpower away from working on the
> installer and releng tasks for the next release. The discussion about
> whether that compromise would be justified has not been done yet. It's
> not as simple as you suggest.
My impression is you only say so because "you're too close" to "Ole' Red
Hat"'s habits and don't want to leave them.

The key to implement what I said is "a minimial installer image" -
Actually RH distros once had an installer which was very close to this.
Unfortuately, this doesn't apply anymore.

Ralf