Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Mixer Handling in PA 0.9.16/F12

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 16:46 +0200, Michal Schmidt wrote:

> Dominik,
>
> if you don't want to use PA, remove only alsa-plugins-pulseaudio, then
> the "default" ALSA output won't be redirected to PA. You can leave
> "pulseaudio" package installed to satisfy the dependencies.

That does mean a PA daemon will still be run by default and anything
that, for instance, checks if PA is running and then outputs direct to
PA, still will. I think this is what gstreamer's default 'auto detect'
setting does. But you can re-configure that to go to ALSA directly.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey