Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Mixer Handling in PA 0.9.16/F12

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 08:51 -0500, Dr. Diesel wrote:

> This is supported by the zillions of forum messages asking how to fix
> or remove pulseaudio.  Not to mention the billion post thread here on
> devel.

In my experience, this is a more common pattern:

$POOR_NEWBIE: I have a problem with audio.
$RANDOM_'HELPFUL'_PERSON: Oh, you need to remove PulseAudio!

Removing PA is far too often jumped on as the 'obvious' fix for
resolving any kind of audio problem whatsoever. Even if it had nothing
to do with PA in the first place.

In any case, there's a fairly easy, working way to disable PA that has
been posted to this thread, that works in all Fedora releases. So
there's no problem.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey