Installing glibc 2.10.90-10 hosed my system last night

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 09:11:56 UTC 2009

Just a note for anything thinking of upgrading Rawhide today:

I upgraded glibc last night.  Every process started segfaulting, and
now I can't boot the system.

It looked a lot like bug 509655, but obviously with a different
version of glibc.  I'm trying to rerun prelink from a rescue CD to see
if that will work.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v