Re: Installing glibc 2.10.90-10 hosed my system last night

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 13:12 +0200, nicolas mailhot laposte net wrote:

> > Update: The workaround described in bug 509655 [1] got the machine as
> > far as booting,
>
> Probably no one tested what happened if /usr/sbin/prelink -ua was not run
> manually when the bug was fixed
>
> > but X / GNOME is still severely broken.
>
> GNOME has been broken in rawhide for a week now
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-July/msg01500.html

It works mostly OK here. No gconf issues like that, certainly. X tends
to fall over at the slightest breeze, but that's cos I'm stuck running
an old NVIDIA proprietary driver with ignoreABI, I think.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey