Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Mixer Handling in PA 0.9.16/F12

Lennart Poettering wrote:
On Thu, 30.07.09 17:09, Matthew Woehlke (elided) wrote:

Lennart Poettering wrote:
Modern sound card designs don't do hw mixing anymore, it's like
fm synthesis or wavetable audio.
/me misses fm synth :-)

(At least, I'm still looking for something that will turn a MIDI into a .wav/.ogg/etc that sounds like an SB16... DOS MIDI player in dosbox is the closest I've found so far, but it sucks for batch processing.)

Try timidity.

You have a soundfont that sounds like an OPL3? If so, I would be much appreciative if you could hook me up. (But I'm guessing you failed to read the part about "sounds like an SB16"... i.e. an OPL3 fm synth chip, not the AWE-generation wavetable stuff. I *do* still have my Creative AWE .sf2's, thank you.)

--
Matthew
Disadvantage: Bad Puns [-5]